Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What got done?

Do you ever feel like you do so much but don't know what actually gets done?  At one time I was so proud of myself for getting all the girls' lesson plan sheets done, I read the books they were reading so we could have meaningful conversation, and gave immediate feedback on graded papers and tests.  Now my kids are asking me, "mom did you read the paper yet?"  Really?  How do I get so behind.

I stopped putting dates at the top of the lesson plan sheets so I wouldn't feel so guilty about being behind.  I jokingly said "I get the prize for worst homeschool mom of the year this year."  Pumpkin says I say that every year.  Perhaps I should be a little easier on myself.

On a good note I've decided to have everyone go to the library 3 times a week so that I can clearly see that everyone worked consistently for 3-4 hours a day.  The library opens at 10 so there is no reason we can't all get dressed and fed by then.  We did good this week and I can check the box on that lesson plan sheet that something got done.

Now if I can keep this up through June that would really be an accomplishment.



2 comments:

  1. I have thought about doing our lessons at the library. Maybe wevwill give it a try after the weather breaks. Don't be so hard on yourself everyday isn't the same; life happens.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails